Malcom Bell – Zaggora – Purple Cow
- Always ask WHY: Why are customer doing what they are doing
- What do customers want
- There is a lot you don’t know- you need to test and find stuff out…
- Digital marketing paradigm – person massage fit (Persona message) vs product market fit
- Search for a scalable, repeatable, business model
- Search for an early adopter – focus on him – find out what he wants – why is the customer “hiring” you?
- There cant be growth without retention – get customers and keep them
- Earlier adotper defining everything:
- what the features are etc
- language used to market to them
Companies: Slack, Transferwise
- There are things that you don’t know that you don’t know!
- Test Test – hypothesis
- harness the power of social -
- getting people to share their experiences – give away products to
- famous people and bloggers…
- customers emails that say thanks
- People with problem will suffer BETA as well as ,
- People with NEED will suffer BETA as well as
- People with WANT will suffer BETA as well
- Who has problem? Earliest adopter- ask people. start with hypothesis – use LEAN canvas
- incentivise, try outs, etc
- send personalised emails… to get feedback
- example – Burbun had picture feature and changed the product into Instagram!
- Focus on segments – efficiency!
- respect the curve – cross the chasm )see book tip)
Good online survey tool: https://qualaroo.com/
continue video at 48mins…